Five Tips for Whiter Teeth
With smile makeovers are becoming more popular than ever before, many people are wondering what they can do to make changes to one of the most important elements of a beautiful appearance – their own healthy, white smile.
Let’s Get Started
The following information includes five tips that have helped countless patients make improvements to the brightness of their smile from the comfort of their own home and with the help of Kids First Dental and our one-appointment teeth whitening treatment.
- The quickest way to update your smile is to schedule a professional whitening appointment where results up to five shades lighter can be achieved in one appointment.
- If you have time and want to try at-home and over-the-counter treatments, make sure the items you purchase have a dentist’s seal of approval. That way, there’s less chance of the chemicals included in the product eroding your teeth’s enamel.
- You can make a natural treatment by combining one tablespoon of high-quality baking soda with one teaspoon of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide solution and use it as a replacement to your toothpaste three times a week.
- If the thought of putting peroxide in your mouth is not appealing, you make an alternate treatment of one tablespoon baking soda and one teaspoon of lemon juice. This treatment should not be used more than once or twice a week since baking soda and lemon juice both have abrasive qualities to them.
- Become more aware of foods that cause teeth staining such as coffee, tea, red wine, and berries, and try to make every effort to brush or rinse your mouth after enjoying them. That way, staining can be kept to a minimum.
A Final Note
If you’re concerned about medications that you are taking having the possibility of causing tooth staining, ask your pharmacist, your doctor, or our dentist about their recommendations to work around this side effect. Remember though, that you should never stop taking prescribed medication without first consulting with a health professional.